Before choosing this course please see: ISFM Feline Nursing Courses: which course is best for me?
The ISFM Certificate in Feline Nursing is aimed at Veterinary Nurses with a particular interest in cats.
The course provides a detailed introduction to feline health, welfare and behaviour and should help nurses to improve the care of cats within their practice and considerably expand their knowledge and understanding of this complex but fascinating species.
The course consists of 6 modules which should be worked through over a period of 1 year.
Nurses completing this course can use the post-nominals ISFMCertFN.
The six modules covered include:
- Understanding feline behaviour and its relevance to veterinary practice and your clients: what makes a cat a cat? Learning and social behaviour in cats: behavioural problems and how to solve them.
- How to make a practice ‘Cat Friendly’: Cat friendly practice principles will improve the handling and care of cats in your practice.
- Practical feline nursing 1: preventative healthcare, clinical examination and practical cat handling.
- Practical feline nursing 2: feline specific pharmacology, analgesia and fluid therapy along with laboratory techniques and interpretation.
- Common infectious and non-infectious diseases in cats.
- Feline nutrition in practice: cats are not small dogs! Specific nutritional requirements of cats and what happens when we get nutrition wrong.
A module is released every 8 weeks and you have 6 weeks to complete the assessments for each module. Your assessment results are published 4 weeks after the deadline.
Who can complete the course?
The courses are designed for qualified veterinary nurses and technicians
When does the course start?
The next course starts on 5th March, 2020.
Students must stick to the course deadlines as we will be unable to offer extensions. In extenuating circumstances, and at the discretion of the course director, we may consider deferral to the next cohort for a fee of £125 plus VAT. Places on the course can only be deferred for one year and on one occasion only.
How much does it cost?
Course cost is: £590.00
Please note that the course must be fully paid up before nurses start.
If your practice is a current ISFM Practice Member, there is a discount of £20 available. To claim your discount apply the code MBFNCT20 at the checkout. ISFM Practice Membership status will be verified before the course start date.
Please be aware that there will be no refund if the course is not started or completed unless there are extraordinary circumstances and this is at the discretion of International Cat Care.
How do I enrol?
Enrolment for the next course, which starts on March 5, 2020, is now open. Click the ‘enrol’ button below.
If you have any difficulty with the enrolment process, please contact email@example.com.
- Which course is best for me?
- Frequently asked questions
- CPD allocation
- Course prerequisites
- Course terms & conditions